Friday, July 20, 2012

The top 10 worst objections to the Kalam Cosmological Argument by youtube atheists (lecture by William Lane Craig) and Jime's Iron Law


The Kalam Cosmological Argument (KCA) is the most debated contemporary argument for God's existence. This argument was instrumental in my rational converstion to theism. After two years of reading carefully the technical literature about it, the youtube videos and debates related to this argument, and thinking for myself my own objections, I became convinced that this argument is sound (i.e. its premises are more plausibly true and reasonable than its negations, and are taken for granted as true by most people in any other context than debates about God, I mean, the premises of the KCA are doubted or negated by atheists ONLY in order to deny or doubt the theologically charged conclusion of the argument. But the same atheists accept the truth of these premises in other scientific or non-scientific contexts).

In the technical literature, I've positively confirmed that Craig has responded to and refuted convincently virtually each possible and imaginable objection against this argument (Craig has even raised himself some objections of his own, that he has refuted too. Also he has refuted objections that I've posed myself in my imagination while reading or hearing his discussion of the argument).

It was a surprise to me to find the above lecture about 10 objections to the Kalam that I haven't read in the technical literature nor thought about by myself. The reason, as Craig says, is that he has responded only to the RATIONAL objections to the KCA (i.e. objections which are raised by rational people and deep thinkers and truth-seekers), not to the irrational ones.

But youtube is full of hard-core atheists affected by Jime's Iron Law. As consequence, the these people will pose objections to the KCA which not rational people would even think about, because such objections are obviously stupid and ridiculous. 

In fact, I confess (with a certain embarrasment) that as the discover of Jime's Iron Law, I should have anticipated at least some of these ridiculous objections, since you cannot expect otherwise from hard-core youtube atheistic irrationalists, morons and pseudo-intellectuals. My fault!

Even though I consider a wasting of time to refute these ridiculous objections, Craig has decided to address them in a full lecture, because after all youtube is one (perhaps the most) visited website on the internet, and some people could get fooled or misguided if they find the objections of atheistic irrationalists without a proper reply. So, enjoy the lecture (and think carefully about Jime's Iron Law and atheists affected by it).

Finally, I strongly suggest you to get a copy of Craig's seminal book "The Kalam Cosmological Argument", and think hard, objectively and carefully about it:



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
ban nha mat pho ha noi bán nhà mặt phố hà nội