Thursday, August 30, 2012

Fictional and friendly dialogues between a survivalist and a materialist. Summary

Some people have asked me to continue to write more posts about what I've called my "fictional dialogues" between a materialist and a survivalist, a friendly imaginary dialogue in which the arguments for and against survival of consciousnes (and the materialistic production hypothesis) are addressed in their best, strongest and more charitable formulations (at least I've tried hard to formulate them like that).

I promise to continue this series, but I haven't because currently I have other things in mind and most of my current reading and thinking is not specifically about philosophy of mind or afterlife studies, but about New Testament studies, Jesus scholarphip, philosophy of science, philosophy of religion and martial arts (and each of these fields is, itself, extremely complex, very difficult to master due to the variety of different positions about each topic and the able defenders and critics which exist for each position. You can spend your whole life simply trying to master just one of these fields).

But I promise to come back to the debate between survivalists and materialists. So far, I have 7 posts about it: Enjoy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
ban nha mat pho ha noi bán nhà mặt phố hà nội