Monday, May 9, 2011

A personal call for experienced magicians and illusionists

A few weeks ago, I posted an article about Sai Baba's death. I commented there that Sai Baba's apparent miracles (at least the ones caught on video) can, in my opinion, be done by tricks.

However, I commented that there is at least one of such miracles which I'm not sure how a magician could perfomance it. The apparent miracle can be watched in the following video (in the second 2 through 6):



You can see how Sai Baba dissapears a chain or small collar in his bare hands (he then reappears it, but it can be done by standard magic techniques). My interest is how the hell he dissapeared the collar in his bare hands.

After reading some books on sleight of hand techniques, prestidigitation and illusionism, I've considered just one possible explanation of that performance in terms of tricks, but I'm not satisfied yet.

So, I would like to ask the help of seasoned magicians and illusionists who could be reading this post: Send me an e-mail with your suggestions about how to do what Sai Baba is doing in that video.

Magicians, don't be worried!, I won't publish your suggestions, it is only to satisfy my personal curiosity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
ban nha mat pho ha noi bán nhà mặt phố hà nội